Mirinda "Rinny" Carfrae is a triathlete from Brisbane, Australia. Carfrae began in sports at an early age, playing basketball and a variety of other school sports. It wasn't until 2000, at the age of 19, that she got her start in triathlon. Even though she didn't have a background in swimming, running or biking, she was an elite-level athlete, and experienced success amost right away in her new pursuit, being selected to the Australian Junior Elite Team in 2001. At every stage of her career, Carfrae has found success. She is a three-time Ironman World Champion, with three other top three finishes and currently holds the course record in Kona (8:52).
- 3x Ironman World Champion
- 2x Ironman World Championships Runner-Up
- Current Ironman World Championships Course Record-Holder
- 2007 – 1st, Ironman 70.3 World Championship
- 2006 – 2nd, Ironman 70.3 World Championship
TYR, New Balance, Felt, Oakley, Chocolate Milk, Compex, GU, Castelli, Xlab, SRAM, Mavic, Bonk Breaker, Audi Boulder
Sleeping, Eating, Movies, Spending time with Family